Saturday, December 20, 2008

Welcome to ADHD

ADHD is only a four letter word. Yet, it brings to mind so many different things for so many different people. Some people do not believe that it exists. Some believe that it is a mental disorder. Some believe that it is just an excuse. Others believe that it is a set of traits leftover from an earlier time. I believe that it may be a little of all these things. Above all, I see it as a gift.

W. Clement Stone wrote, "every adversity is the seed of an equal or larger opportunity." ADHD embodies this statement. ADHD allows people to see possibilities where others only see risk. Evidenced by the number of widely successful and rich people who have ADHD. ADHD Relief.com lists Alexander Graham Bell, Ansel Adams, Terry Bradshaw, George Burns, Bill Gates, Sir Richard Branson, and Will Smith among famous people with ADHD. These people have learned to control the negative impact of ADHD while harnessing their great potential. ADHD is a hidden gift. ADHD gives us a set of tools that can bring wild success. All we have to do is overcome stigmas and realize the hidden potential.

Harnessing ADHD's hidden potential is why I am starting this blog. I have spent the last three and a half years studying ADHD. I have researched everything from affects diet can have, alternate medications, history of ADHD, and the hidden potential. I hope you will walk with me on this journey of discovery through this phenomenon called ADHD.

No comments:

Post a Comment